How to get the conference location
The conference location is the Department of Earth Sciences of the University of Pisa (Via Santa Maria, 53, 56126 Pisa).
Pisa airport is “Galileo Galilei Airport”. From the airport you can get to the department by:
- taxi (ca. 10-15 min). Taxis are outside the main exit of the airport (RadioTaxi tel. 050541600, website).
- bus (ca. 15 min). You can take the bus E25 with destination “Pietrasanta Terminal” and get off at the stop “Via Fermi”. The bus stop is to the right of the main airport exit (5 minutes walking, service area P6). The ticket (1.50 euro) can be purchased at the Flight Information Office (Terminal Arrivals). For more information see the map and timetables available on the official website.
- Otherwise, you can take the shuttle “Pisa Mover” from the airport to the train station Pisa Centrale (ca. 5 min) and then follow the instructions in the next paragraph (“By train”). The shuttle is to the left of the main airport exit. The ticket (5 euro) can be purchased to the machine located at the shuttle stop or online.
Also possible from Firenze airport “Peretola”, and get a tram from the airport to Santa Maria Novella train station (1.50 euro). From the train station, you can take a train to Pisa Centrale on the Trenitalia website or at the station. Then follow the instructions in the next paragraph (“By train”)
The train station is Pisa Centrale. From the station you can get to the department by:
- walking (ca. 15-20 min).
- bus (ca. 10 min). You can get the bus number 4 with destination “I Passi” and get off at the stop “Lungarno Pacinotti-P.Za Carrara”. For more information see the map and timetables available on the official website. The ticket (1.50 euro) can be purchased at the train station.
- taxi (ca. 5-10 min). Taxies are outside the train station (RadioTaxi tel. 050541600, website).
Highway A11 Firenze-Mare exit Pisa Nord. Highway A12 Genova-Rosignano exit Pisa Centro or Pisa Nord.
The department is located within a restricted traffic zone. Therefore, it is not directly accessible by car, but you can get very close. The closest are Paid parking, but there are also Free parking:
- Parcheggio Scambiatore, Via Pietrasantina, 56123 Pisa PI. From here a shuttle is also available to get to Via Fermi (about 100 m from the department).
- Parcheggio Via Lucchese, 56123 Pisa PI. Free parking along the street.
- Parcheggio Via A. Paparelli, 51, 56127 Pisa PI